Sunday 22 July 2012

The Fiestas of Mexico - part one online

Apologies to any of you who turned up an hour early to yesterday's presentation in Opera Joven, Secondlife. I got the time wrong!
If it's any consolation, I was there an hour early, too.
If you didn't make it, you missed a very interesting presentation on the types of fiestas and celebrations which take place each year, in Mexico, by my teacher Ximena, in Spanish.
The level of Spanish wasn't too advanced. Well it can't have been too bad, because I was there translating it live, for the audience.
Anyhow, if you'd like a quick look at the presentation, I'm just, as I type, uploading the first 15 minutes to YouTube.
It will give you an idea of the level of Spanish I've managed to reach in two years under Ximena's instruction, and also allow you to listen to her speaking. She has a wonderfully clear voice, which makes her easy to understand.
It will be a good listening practice and, of course, there's the English translation.
Please excuse any mistakes or omissions, but I soon found out that listening to someone speak, and understanding is a long way from listening, understanding, retaining, translating and repeating.
Honestly, by the end I was exhausted.

Hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment